SAS® Viya® Programming
Course Length - 1 Day
After the course, attendees will have good understanding of the new programming syntax associated with SAS Viya, understanding and interacting with a CAS server to load and manipulate data in-memory. Attendees will also be taught about new CAS-enabled procedures, plus learn how existing SAS 9 code compares and contrasts with the new CAS-enabled equivalents.
Public Course price:
£350.00 plus VAT per delegate
View On-Site course prices »
SAS® Viya® Programming Public Course Dates
Public SAS Training courses are run from our training centre - The Old School Hall, 11 Wesley Walk, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 6ZJ.
SAS users who wish to understand and learn the new programming techniques and syntax within the SAS Viya environment.
Ideally the attendees will have an understanding of SAS 9 programming techniques such as DATA and Proc steps. The course builds on this knowledge, introducing new SAS Viya specific syntax in order to utilise the in-memory and distributed elements of a SAS Viya deployment.
- Course Objectives
- What is SAS Viya ?
- What does SAS Viya Look Like
- Is SAS Viya a replacement for SAS9?
- CAS – Cloud Analytic Services
- Comparing SAS 9 and SAS Viya Programming Environments
V2 CAS Programming
- CAS Sessions
- CAS Libraries
- CASLIB statement
- CAS Libname Engine
- Formats in CAS
V3 Data in CAS Libraries
- Loading Data into CAS Library
- Loading Data using Proc CASUTIL
- Loading Data using Proc COPY
- Loading Data using DATA Step
- Loading Data using CAS Actions
- Referencing CAS Data
- Loading Data with Formats
- Saving CAS Data to Physical Storage
- Interrogating CAS Libraries
- Promoting Data in Global CAS Libraries
V4 Processing CAS Data
- CAS Architecture
- DATA Step Processing
- SQL in SAS Viya
V5 SAS Viya Procedures
- Proc MDSUMMARY
- Proc CARDINALITY
V6 Efficiency and Performance Considerations