On-Demand SAS Macro
This self-paced learning consists of 18 modules with an approximate run time of 20-30 minutes each. Features include: video demonstrations, downloadable workbook and exercises, on-going support through live revision webinars. After the training you will be able to write your own Macros, understand the structure of the SAS Macro Language and deal with the various functions available in the Macro Language.
After purchasing On-Demand SAS Macro Training you will be entitled to attend a free live two hour Macro revision webinar up to one year following the start of your license.
SAS users seeking to extend their Programming Skills.
Ideally the delegate will have attended the SAS Fundamentals course or have an equivalent level of competence. We recommend that attendees have three to six months of regular SAS programming experience to gain the most benefit from this training.
Module 1. Introduction to SAS Macro
- Provides an overview of the SAS Macro facility and illustrates the benefits provided to SAS programmers
Module 2. How SAS Macro Works
- Examines the SAS Macro facility and shows how it interacts with other components of SAS language
Module 3. Macro Variables
- Introduces macro variables and the concepts of symbol tables
Module 4. Working with Macro Variables
- Teaches the techniques for creating and deleting macro variables
Module 5. Macro Variable Resolution
- Examines how macro variables are resolved via single and multi-pass resolution
Module 6. Working with Macros
- Introduces SAS Macros and specifically how to define, call and pass values in using parameters
Module 7. Symbol Table Rules
- Examines SAS Macro symbol tables and how to avoid the potential pitfalls when creating or querying macro variables
Module 8. Nested Macros
- Covers the applications and implications of nesting SAS macros
Module 9. Directing and Debugging Macros
- Teaches the techniques for performing conditional processing within a macro as well as how to debug SAS macro language
Module 10. Handling Iteration in Macros
- Teaches the techniques for automating repetitive programming tasks within a macro
Module 11. Macro Functions
- Examines the use of macro specific functions to perform tasks such as text manipulation
Module 12. Accessing Functions Using %SYSFUNC
- Demonstrates how to use SAS functions which are not otherwise available in macro language
Module 13. Macro Variables in the DATA Step
- Teaches the techniques for creating and resolving macro variables within a DATA step.
Module 14. Macro Variables in Proc SQL
- Teaches the techniques for creating macro variables within Proc SQL.
Module 15. Numeric Evaluation Within Macros
- Teaches the techniques for performing numeric calculations and comparisons within SAS Macro Language
Module 16. Macro Quoting Functions
- Describes how and when you need to use macro quoting functions to mask the meaning of special characters
Module 17. Distributing Macros
- Looks at the different approaches for sharing macros across groups of SAS users
Module 18. Macro Language Best Practice
- Discusses general best practices around using SAS Macro Language