Advanced SAS Macro
Course Length - 1 Day
After one day of instructor led tuition attendees will be able to:
- Apply best practices when designing and programming SAS macros;
- Understand when to use advanced DATA step functions to work with SAS Macro Language;
- Ensure macros developed are resilient and robust;
- Use advanced SAS file input and output functions with SAS Macro Language.
Public Course price:
£350.00 plus VAT per delegate
View On-Site course prices »
Advanced SAS Macro Public Course Dates
Public SAS Training courses are run from our training centre - The Old School Hall, 11 Wesley Walk, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 6ZJ.
Programmers who wish to extend their knowledge of the SAS Macro Language. The course focuses specifically on applying best practices when developing macros, advanced DATA step techniques and the use of SAS file I/O functions.
This course is intended for those who have previously attended the SAS Macro course or who have equivalent knowledge. Additionally, we recommend that attendees have six months of regular SAS programming experience which includes the use of SAS Macro Language, to gain the most benefit from this course.
AM1 SAS Macro Best Practices
- Writing Reusable Macros
- Modular Programming
- Design Considerations
- Passing Values between Macros
- Log Messaging
AM2 SAS I/O Functions
- Using Table Functions
- Using Directory Functions
- Using File Functions
AM3 Programming Resilient Macros
- Parameter Validation
- Macro Quoting Functions
AM4 Advanced DATA Step Techniques
- Call EXECUTE
- Call SET
- RESOLVE Function (Optional)
- DOSUBL Function (Optional)